Undergraduate Students Mentored
Over my years at Drexel University and Haverford and Swarthmore Colleges I have mentored several undergraduate students by teaching them in the classroom, working on joint research, supervising their projects with the Pennoni Honors College of Drexel, supervising their summer research and serving as the faculty advisor for the Drexel Economics Society. Among many others, here's a list of some of these students:
- Mwangangi Kalii, Swarthmore ’23.
- Angelina Cao, Swarthmore ’22.
- Kevin Choi, Swarthmore ’21 (PhD in Economics program Boston College).
- Jason Kim, Swarthmore ’22.
- Francis Dillon, Swarthmore ’21 (research associate Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City).
- Christopher Goings, Haverford ’19 (Freddie Mac – Capital Markets program analyst).
- Christopher Glazier, Haverford ’19 (healthcare consulting, Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP).
- Natalie Pisch, Haverford ’19 (the Walt Disney Company).
- Soham Mukherjee, Drexel ’19 (NERA Economic Consulting).
- Tam Main, Drexel ’17 (PhD in Economics Columbia).
- Gregory inden Berken, Drexel ’16 (Law School University of Michigan).
- Eric Horton, Drexel ’15 (RA Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve, MSc Finance Princeton).
- Morgan Merge, Drexel ’14 (US PeaceCorps, MPP London School of Economics, the Vanguard Group).
- Christopher Cahill, Drexel ’13 (RA Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve).
- Nevena Bosnic, Drexel ’12 (Carnegie Foundation fellow, then MPP Kennedy School of Government Harvard, now senior consultant at Deloitte).
- Robert Madak, Drexel ’12 (Goldman Sachs, then JP Morgan).
Graduate (PhD) Students Mentored
Petar Dobrev (2019) - Visiting Assistant Professor - Stockton University.
Adeliada Mehmetaj (2019) - Visiting Assistant Professor - University of Seattle.
Sofia Kalantzi (2016) - Lecturer at Cornell.
James deNicco (2011) - Assistant Professor at the University of Tampa - Now Lecturer at Rice.
Joshua Hall (2010) - Assistant Professor at the University of Tampa.
Ryan Yuan (2009) - HSBC Chicago - Now Portfolio Management Analytics at Freddie Mac.
Yuan Li (2008) - Assistant Professor at Penn State (Altoona) - Now VP for Model Validation at HomeStreet Bank.
Ji Wu (2007) - Assistant Professor at Penn State (Harrisburg) - Now Associate Professor at SWUFE University in China.
- Latin American Economics (Ec84 - Swarthmore College)
- Intermediate Macroeconomics (Ec21 - Swarthmore College)
- Advanced Macroeconomics (Ec102 honors - Swarthmore College)
- Fiscal Policy and the Macroeconomy (ECON 310 - Haverford College)
- International Macroeconomics (ECON 382 - Haverford College)
- Economics I (Ec 1 - Swarthmore College)
- Principles of Macroeconomics (ECON 202)
- Intermediate Macroeconomics (ECON 321)
- International Money and Finance (INTB 336)
- Topics in International Macroeconomics (MSc in Economics)
- Advanced Macroeconomics (PhD-1st year)
- Dynamic Macroeconomics (PhD-2nd year)
- Seminar in International Business (MBA Residency in Chile and Argentina)
All course materials (besides syllabi posted here) are available for Drexel students through BbLearn and for Swarthmore and Haverford students through Moodle.